Sunday, September 11, 2011

Observations with Flashlights

To begin making observations for the second homework assignment I obtained a handheld "spotlight"about 12V DC and a handheld mag-light slightly shorter then the ones we used in class but this one had multiple small bulbs in the lens. To begin I wanted to see the visible differences and effects between two completely different power levels in lighting. In one hallway of my house I shined each light down and noted other then the fact that the beam of light from the spotlight was obviously much wider, the point where the light stopped at the end was also much brighter in the spotlight and also a yellow tint beam as opposed to my mag light which was bluish.

Both beams also reflected off all of the walled surfaces down my hall mostly because I noticed them to be white and thus reflected the lights more vividly. So I also observed that although I still couldn't see a "visible" beam of light from the side or in the middle of the stream, I could tell that the beams were very wide and dimmed out in brightness as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment